Looking for some assistance with a DA8 - MP-113 tape

beardley

Dear Internet,

My name is John, and I'm looking for some assistance. Back in the year 2000, my highschool band spent a couple days in an studio at a local college, to record a handful of songs. I recently found the original DA8 tape from the session, but haven't had any luck finding anyone that has a unit to play it. I've seen a few of the players around, but most of the adds aren't promising for their condition. So 2 questions

1. If purchasing a deck is my only option, any advise on which model would be a good one to look for?

2. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to just move the tracks over to a file? I would be happy to pay :)

Pretty sure what you are looking at are Tascam DA38 or DA88 digital format 8 track machines. I archived all my tapes years ago but still have the machines. I'd have to test them to see if they are still operational. I'm am currently in between systems. I just bought a Mac Mini and am only using a 2 in 4 out interface with it while I sort out what gear/software to run on it. Only system working that would do 8 channels is an old Digi Pro Tools rig but it would still get you the 8 individual wave files.

Back