Looking for setup advice

mikec23

Hi everyone. I've been tinkering around at home for years and thought I'd seek out some advice for my setup. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here is the my current list of equipment, I'll explain my current setup momentarily.

Beheringer Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro mixer
Zoom RFX-2200 Digital Reverb
Zoom 9030 Multi Effects unit
Beheringer EX2200 Multiband Exciter
Behringer MDX 2600 Composer Pro XL Compressor
Behringer NR 300 Noise reducer pedal
Pedal board with random distortion pedals

The pedal board runs into in of the NR300, then out of that in to the in of the Zoom RFX and out to channel 2 on the mixer. The Exciter is using the ring tip to the composer, which uses the side chain into the send/return of the mixer (I'm not sure if that's the best configuration of those components). I have a PC plugged into channel 2 of the mixer as it controls an Axiom 49 keyboard. Channel 3 is used or clean bass, channel 4 is a Roland MC-303 groovebox, channel 5 is the Zoom 9030. What I was thinking was that the Exciter/Compressor/9030/NR300 could all be wired together to use the send/return component of the mixer. I just don't know what the best way to do that would be. Again, any help or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Hello Mikec23.....and welcome to the forum. I think we can comment a bit better if you give us a little info on what it is you do with the setup and what the goal is for you.

Hi, Mickster! I thought about that AFTER I hit the post button. Most of what I am doing is recording bass/guitar/groovebox in to Reaper or Audacity. Just writing songs for myself, mostly. On occasion I do light voice over work (also recorded into Audacity), through a sennheiser studio mic, also plugged directly in to the mixer.

Hello Mikec23.....and welcome to the forum. I think we can comment a bit better if you give us a little info on what it is you do with the setup and what the goal is for you.

+1 And...There is no mention of monitors in that kit list? THE best upgrade you can do is to buy some really accurate monitors (trying to save for Reslut 6s but I have a 'wife'!) . Opinions differ on the sums but $1000 a pair is fair minimum for anything decent.

If you already have monitors (g'orn, tell us! We like a giraffe.) the VERY best thing you can do is treat the room.

You cannot fix what you cannot hear.

Dave.

Excellent advice! Right now audio is running through a set of higher end bose PC speakers. Definitely not optimal! I'm thinking about picking up some foam tiles for the room as well!

Excellent advice! Right now audio is running through a set of higher end bose PC speakers. Definitely not optimal! I'm thinking about picking up some foam tiles for the room as well!

Okay but, belay "foam". Has its uses for image control but the main problems with rooms are in the bass and you need BIG chunks of stuff as traps. You will find many threads here about room treament here and other forums.

Dave.

Back