Logic Pro X NOT recording audio from M-Audio Fast Track

hdstock

Hey awesome people,

I am Logic Pro X 10.4.8 and am trying to record guitar via my old M-Audio Fast Track but am unable to actually record the audio into a track even when I am receiving a signal in Logic and can hear the guitar through the monitors. It is mapped to the correct input (2) for the Fast Track for the guitar.

I have the same problem when trying to record the mic (input 1) and with a midi controller.

I can revoke the recording using "shift + R" and it saves it to the track, however it won't stay there in the first place.

Everything looks fine, but when I hit the Record button, there is no audio recording in the designated track.

Sorry, I'm new to Logic. Any help greatly appreciated.
Screenshot is while recording, shows the gain signal from the guitar but nothing is recording into the software in the track.
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 21.34.47.png

Last edited:
It is also not recording when I try with my midi controller either. Signal is coming through but when I enable the record button, nothing stays in the track.

A bit more detail might help. When you say it won't record, do you mean that 1) after you've recorded there's zero audio shown recorded in the track; 2) it disappears instantly when you click stop; 3) there's no audio recording done [waveform traced in red] while recording; or ???

When you look at the Project Audio (Command-8 or via the Window menu), is there nothing there? No files in the Media/Audio folder (Show Package Contents in Finder)?

Last edited:
Hi Keith, thanks for the reply. There is zero audio shown in the recorded track and nothing in the Project Audio. When I start to record, nothing shows in the track (as if I am not playing) however the audio from the instrument is coming through the monitors and showing on the gain.
Thanks

FYI - I was only record enabling the track and not hitting the record button - I was only hitting spacebar - DUMBASS. Thanks for the hope anyway.

Back