Live Lite 4

BVmusic

Sick of garage band haha, getting into Live Lite 4. Anybody have any quick
tips or pointers before I start laying down and mixing?

Sick of garage band haha, getting into Live Lite 4. Anybody have any quick
tips or pointers before I start laying down and mixing?

dunno what do you need to know? :)

I use Live 8...I record in the scenes to get the backbone of the track then record that into the arrangement view..then stick the solos or vocals on in there

Ive only experience with sonar other than Live though I've demoed just about everything else and I love Live...superb tool

I could give you some tips on shortcuts but Im not sure they are even functioning on your version

enjoy it anyway :)

Ya basically just anything that would save time. For example, when I lay
down my tracks, do I have to lay them down separately and then trim and mix
them, or can I just have the tool automatically sync them, provided the timing
is correct.

wow you're asking qute a lot from it ;) :)

are you recording your own music or sticking loops etc in?

I wouldve thought youd have taken care of most of any timing issues when recording to the beat or metronome??

it will stretch loops to any bpm you have..when you insert it right click on the bpm in the top left hand corner and "delete all automation"...that'll stretch it to whatever beat you want

also beware that warping only really works with more singular beats like drums or very defined basslines...you wont be able to sort out badly timed guitars or vocals or anything more complicated unless you are looking for that effect..

You can use it to get every track to a certain marker but that has to be done manually

ya for sure. the guitars and vocal are the right tempo, its just the drums that
need to be touched up a little bit, basically because its difficult to monitor, even
with headphones. But this helps alot. thanks :D

Back