Line6 UX2 POD Farm 2 Vocal Recording set up - please help !

kasiamilion

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me out with set up my POD Farm 2 to best recording vocal (only) for mostly hip hop (rap) ?
What should I choose ? Any Bas Amps, Pre amps ? What is the best set up for clear vocal recording ?

At this moment I have big vocal distortions while try recording. (nothing choosed on POD Farm 2).

Line6 UX2
mic: MXL 440
Laptop Lenovo Win7.

Choose none of the amp modellers. I am not familiar with the interface, but why are you stuck trying to record vocals through a guitar amp simulator? Get an interface that is meant for vocal recording man. :)

If you are getting distortion, it is most likely because you have a default amp setting already active in PodFarm. Are you using the stand-alone Podfarm, or a plug-in in a DAW?

If you are getting distortion, it is most likely because you have a default amp setting already active in PodFarm. Are you using the stand-alone Podfarm, or a plug-in in a DAW?

Line6 UX2 plugged to laptop via usb cable.

DAW - cool edit pro 2.0 ( i didn't set up nothing).

Any advice ? mjbphotos should I choose something in pod farm ?

Line6 UX2 plugged to laptop via usb cable.

DAW - cool edit pro 2.0 ( i didn't set up nothing).

Any advice ? mjbphotos should I choose something in pod farm ?

Then you need to open Cool Edit and select the UX2 within the DAW so that it is your soundcard. After you install the correct drivers.

It sounds like you are using the interface in 'stand alone' mode. Not what you want for vocals.

And....Although that mic has only a modest, 15mV/Pa sensitivity, if you get up close and personal with it it could well be clipping the input stage of a bottom feeder interface like the Line 6? (do they have full fat spook juice?)

Dave.

I think the UX2 uses USB for power source, so the laptop may not have the juice to power the 48v phantom power.

I think the UX2 uses USB for power source, so the laptop may not have the juice to power the 48v phantom power.

Hmm, Lenovos have a good rep and my NI KA6 is pretty juice hungry but my HP i3 laptop powers it and a couple of AKG SDCs fine.

Dave.

Use one of the vocal presets, don't use an amp model for vocals, especially if you want clean. Or build your own chain, I would suggest a chain like this, noise gate-compressor-preamp(neve sim)-light reverb, done. That should work pretty nicely for clean vocals.

Question. I have the toneport kb37 from line 6 and i can't record the voice on cubase 5. I can't get de signal. I have a microphone Sm58 beta from Shure. I have signal from the midi and from my guitar but not from the microphone. Help me. Please. Thanks.

Back