Line 6 Floor Pod Plus + Line 6 Spider IV amp PROBLEMS?

Reflix

hey everyone, if you could help me out that would be great,

I recently bought a new Line6 Floor Pod Plus processor, but a lot of the effects, mainly the ones with a lot of distortion, sound really muffled and bad quality for some reason? (the cleaner ones sound fine actually) Any ideas? I know they should sound really good, they have some demo effects on the site but mine are hardly anything like it.

Im using the same guitar and leads i use to use just with my amp, and its fine, the tone from just the amp sounds really good quality, so i dont think its that. And being a brand new effects processor, i doubt its that, and some of the effects sound fine like i said.

im using a Spider IV 15w amp, in case its the setup and ive done something stupid, im using:

guitar> input on floor pod, then mono output>amp

bass, mid and treble are all on middle settings

Any help appreciated!

Take a look at this...

Page 4, Setup: Output Options
The Mode setting on this page allows you to configure the type of signal
fed to your POD HD500 analog outputs to optimize for direct recording
versus connecting to an external amplifier. This is a global setting. Knob
1 - Selects the Output Mode. Studio/Direct: For connecting “Direct” to
a mixing console or recording device. Combo and Stack settings: These 4
options are all designed to optimize your tone for connecting to an external
amplifier. The signal includes “Live” Cab Models,with no Mic Model or
“AIR” convolution, with a special EQ curve added for each. Combo Front
& Stack Front: For connecting into the front input of a typical combo amp
or amp head + external cab, respectively. When choosing either of these
Modes, you’ll see additional options for further tone shaping. Combo
Power Amp & Stack Power Amp: For connecting to the power amp of a
combo or head amp.

From Page 14. http://www.csgul.com.br/mercadolivre/pod_hd500_quick _start_guide.pdf

thanks but thats the HD500 version! and no, amp is selected

i think i just need a better amp, maybe my current amp doesnt support this, how much might i have to spend?

thanks but thats the HD500 version! and no, amp is selected

i think i just need a better amp, maybe my current amp doesnt support this, how much might i have to spend?

I really don't think it's the amp. Does it sound ok with other pedals? or straight in? Can you try the pedal in other amps? Does the pedal sound good through headphones?

Well whatever the pedal you have to make sure you've got it set up right. I have the X3 Live and it sounds like crap if it's set up wrong running through an amp. When its set up right it sounds good in a Mesa-Boogie, an old Crate or in my Line 6 Micro Spider.

Is your amp on the clean channel or do you have the gain cranked up?

check your Pedal with headphones - make sure you have the amp/line switch on amp

I recently acquired a Line 6 Spider 212, and a Floorboard- my L6 experience is not deep, but I think I can help.

Why are you using BOTH a Floor Pod and a Spider amp? The Spider amp I have does not have a by-pass setting- there is ALWAYS something "going on" unless (and until) I made a patch that turned everything (except the amplification) off. With two effects-generating devices, you may be "distorting the distortion," if you catch my drift.

Isolate one from the other- plug your guitar directly into the amp, and see how it sounds. Then use the Pod with another amp, your stereo, or headphones, and see how THAT sounds.

Next, hook 'em back together, but SET ONE OR THE OTHER- PROBABLY THE AMP- TO HAVE NO EFFECTS IN THE SIGNAL CHAIN WHATSOEVER. If the over-distortion is there, then, there may be some mis-compatability between the two. Line 6 has some phone support, give them a call or email if the problem continues.

Oh, and now a word from our sponsor: if you decide to get a bigger amp, and want to stay with Line 6, PM me and we can talk about you buying this rig.

Back