Like the sound from the PA but not in the box

Any idea what sample rate you were using with the Line 6? I'm just asking because it seemed like you were at 96k with the Scarlett. Wondering if backing that down to 44.1 or 48 might have an effect on the static. 96k sampling makes huge files and chews resources a lot faster. Maybe the glitch is related to that?

It looks like because the 6i6 was being recorded in the same session at 96kHz the Toneport was continued at 96kHz also. So, I do not think so.

My purpose for the experiment was to determine if the static would be heard. It was gone, no static. Immediately I wanted a high quality interface to try. The Line6 had these little pedal icons and I was not sure exactly what was in the chain making up the sound.

Somebody recommend me something that works. I can barely use a computer, so if there is driver or signing stuff. NEXT!

up to $6000. I want to record on my computer NOW!

Somebody recommend me something that works. I can barely use a computer, so if there is driver or signing stuff. NEXT!

up to $6000. I want to record on my computer NOW!

There will be a path to success. When I got my first Interface, it took me about two months before I achieved the ability to record audio. This was around 1998, and no-one knew anything about this stuff, so there was little help available.

Got the Twin Usb. Cannot make it work.

So, to make a start, we need to figure this out.

What's a 'twin USB'?

Please read the thread. Apollo twin usb. Will not make it through the installation process.

The lin6 UX2 worked , keep clicking next through the install. UA's nope. Nothing for me to even click on. It just stops.

I can use the DAW just fine. Understand all recording hobby fine. A master of every instrument.

I do not know anything about drivers, asio, USBs, registration liscenses. Damn computers.

I need a RE REGISTER product cause the first time it did not complete. Hardware reset does nothing.

MT ACCOUNT ONLINE WILL NOT RECOGNIZE THE UNIT.

Last screen I get to. Restart and nothing.

Annotation 2019-12-10 155617.jpg

I hate to suggest this but Apollo has excellent customer support....I'm told. That might be the way to go step by step and figure out where the problem lies. Have you called them?

Listen.....anyone who has little or even moderate computer experience can easily have lots of trouble with a thing like this. I've used computers extensively since the beginning and still have confusion more often than you'd think.

Something to think about though.......if you intend to go forward in this recording arena......realize that this IS going to happen from time to time and you almost CERTAINLY will need to pick up a few PC skills. I guess I'm just saying........don't fight it too hard. In the end what you learn will benefit you.

I cannot believe these computer geeks. They want to lock everything and key everything.

I started 4-5 trouble tickets on the website.

Last edited:
C'mon, installing driver software isn't that hard. No different than downloading a browser.

So you got the Apollo Twin USB. You DO have a USB3 connection, right? The UA requires at least USB 3.0 (with the little blue plastic tab on input). DON'T PLUG IT INTO A USB 2 port.

USB-Connections-768x268.png

You obviously found the support page, so I'll just pass on posting that.

Here's one where a guys sets up a Twin.

YouTube

Just take it step by step. You'll get there.

Its a shame you don't live in my area. I'd offer you a nice glass of Jeffersons or WL Weller 12yr on the rocks, and tell you to bring the rig over. We'd have you recording before you knew it! :drunk:

Last edited:
That is a nice offer. I got it working as a trail version. Tomorrow hopefully the tech support will be reachable.

So it comes with the 610 preamp. I made sound. However it still is not registered.

Through the monitors of the PA or headphones, it is just like a REAL 610. I swear to god!

I am just making sound, not warmed up, not even checking the levels. Test 1,2,3 kinda thing.

Attachments

• vvbvbvnvmvf1.mp3
    821 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Really nice unit sound. Just the area I was looking to effect and change.

Yes, that is what I heard in the Avalon 737 demo. A high quality mic preamp sound to work with . What I could never change before. Now I have a bunch of them. Or will soon.

I spent $6000 on 2 Avalons. This Apollo was only $900 and comes with the Avalon 737 pluggin as part of the bundle. Talk about THE BEST SUGGESTION EVER. I thank you. Thank you. Feeling $5100 lighter.

Last edited:
Pretest D. Preset 2 clean.

Rip is preset 1.

The long awaited testD is coming. This is a preview. The static is not just fuzz but more detailed. It has become something useable. Not a splat of static when I rake the strings.

To make the rattling as strong as possible I pushed the cabinet up against the wall.

Attachments

• PreTestD.mp3
    352.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Rip.mp3
    587.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
UA is unable to provide customer support at this time. Great job guys.

It needs to be today, tomorrow they are closed. Closed Wed.

Is it just me, or is this a JOKE at ths point. One thing after another.

I like the product but cant it just work? Give me the unlock master code.

Back