Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Like the sound from the PA but not in the box

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    That static is a broken 6i6.

Thank you to all who participated. Good call on hearing that 'static'. I thought I found the brown sound.

Thanks
    Please recommend an interface with a quality A D D A section. I would like USB cause otherwise I would not know how to connect it to my laptop.

It seems the interface makes a huge difference so that is where I want to spend. API A2D?

Thanks
    Where did I go wrong? I did NOT misunderstand this purchase. They told me it would go directly to the DAW.

annotation-2019-12-05-115734-jpg

My DAW has a USB input, what does your DAW have as an input?

Recommend something under $6000, 2 channels preferred.

Thanks
    That goes into the input of something else - it's not meant to go to the computer directly. those with deep enough pockets hang them off similarly expensive interfaces that have line ins. Crazy waste of money unless your entire audio chain is at that level. For my standards, that means speakers of mouth watering price too.

Thanks
    Anything? Don't get the Sapphire.

The API A2D has a Spidiff. One of the highest rated A to D converters on the market.

What would I need to get the Spidiff into the DAW? A USB to Spidiff adapter?

Thanks
    If I can I would like to get a high quality interface ASAP, and then do a Test D.

Thanks
    So it sounds like the 6i6 is the problem, Did you buy it used or new. If new, then contact the seller and get it replaced. Focusrite makes decent stuff but mistakes can alway get through. If it was used, then contact the seller and hope he's not some a--hole who figured he would dump a broken piece of gear and make a few bucks at the same time.

Thanks
    If you're SERIOUS about spending some money there are better options than the 6i6.

I know one guy who only works with Universal Audio. LOVES the stuff, and he's a working musician, as in that's his day job. He's firmly in the Mac world, and goes Thunderbolt instead of USB. They do make a USB model. One other guy I know swears by RME interfaces. I think they get a lot of love around here because of excellent drivers support and stability.

You don't need to spend $6000. A UA Apollo Twin USB interface is about $900. Its got two mic pres, two more line inputs, and can handle 8 more optical inputs via ADAT. An RME BabyFace is about $750 and the Fireface starts around $1300. You could use the rest of the $6000 to buy a U87. an AKG 414 and some room treatment, and go out for coffee and donuts with the spare change!

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Yes, there might be a fault with the 6i6 because it is an otherwise excellent interface as are most others at its price point by Native Instruments, MOTU, Audiofuse and many others.

If you wanted something slightly different and with exceptionally high quality mic pres and converters, look at the Sound Devices MixPre series. Expensive yes but not in the 'silly money' class which I doubt are really THAT much better?

Dave.

Thread Information