Latency with USB Keyboard

Rinox

Hi guys! My recording studio has come together pretty well except this relly annoying problem tthat i spend a lot of time on while I'm working on my projects. You see, I bought a keyboard before I even began thinking of buying a soundcard and I now have a keyboard without a MIDI output. However, it has a USB output so I can connect it to my computer. The onl problem is that when I try to record something with my keyboard in Cubase there's a latency of about one second.
I have an M-Audio MobilePre USB sound card so in Cubase I use the M-Audio ASIO driver. But since I have to connect my keyboard directly to my computer the latency occours (at least that's what I think).

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this huge latency? Thanks for all help :)

The keyboard itself uses it's own drivers of course. Check if they can use the asio drivers as well. The USB is just a faster way for delivery of MIDI information.

Hi guys! My recording studio has come together pretty well except this relly annoying problem tthat i spend a lot of time on while I'm working on my projects. You see, I bought a keyboard before I even began thinking of buying a soundcard and I now have a keyboard without a MIDI output. However, it has a USB output so I can connect it to my computer. The onl problem is that when I try to record something with my keyboard in Cubase there's a latency of about one second.
I have an M-Audio MobilePre USB sound card so in Cubase I use the M-Audio ASIO driver. But since I have to connect my keyboard directly to my computer the latency occours (at least that's what I think).

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this huge latency? Thanks for all help :)

So you press a key, and the sound occurs about a second afterwards, right?

Where is the sound being generated? The latency may eside not in the keyboard or its drivers, but in the area where sound is being generated. For example, you are likely to get latency if you use the MS GM Wavetable.

Have you tried with a VST instrument? With what results?

Thank you! I didn't know that. I borrowed PianoTeq from a friend and now it works excellent :)

Back