Laptop with only one jack/ Windows 10 doesn't sees my microphone

Nortalf

Hi.
I have Acer Aspire 7 laptop with only one jack port. How can I connect my microphone (Tomson M142G) to computer?
I've tried with this device which doubles jack slots.
IMG_20200829_154036.jpg

I thought that if it's computer for gamers, and some of them uses hedphones with microphone, maybe microphone and headphones can be pluged in to one port. But it didn't helped.
I am total noob, I don't know how it works. Please help me. Thanks

It is probably a 4 conductor jack - one made for stereo audio out and mic in. You can probably find some type of adapter-splitter, but be aware that the mic input in a laptop doesn't have much of a preamp, so plugging your dynamic mic into it is probably not going to get a very good signal. A USB audio interface will solve your issues, as it will become the soundcard for your computer, rather tan the cheap one that comes standard in laptops.

As said, spend a little cash (under $100) and pickup a USB interface of some kind. You'll have a decent mic preamp and a way better in and out of the computer.

If you INSIST that you just want to plug in a mic and headphone you will need something like this.

TRRS Adapter

Check the one you have, it probably only has a 3 conductor plug.

Hi Nortalf and welcome. You might need one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1243160485...XMoXt5A5y85BvGAJkzbAm02T9O5ZdGJBoCxvAQAvD_BwE

I did for my Lenovo T510 W10 laptop which has only a headphone output jack. No '4pole' geewizardery, just does NOT have any other audio input except the internal microphone.

The wee adapter works really well and delivered a good signal at low noise from a cheap headset I have.

The other problem you might have is recording the mic. This can be done using Audacity, I can tell you how if needs be. Reaper also works but I shall let someone more familiar with that to help.

Oh yes! Certainly an interface is best but then you would need another mic and cable with XLR terminations. It is possible to buy adapters to go from 3.5mm to XLR but you could get the wrong thing and waste more money. Where are you BTW?

Dave.

Thank you all very much. USB audio interface sounds very interesting and it's not that expensive.

The other problem you might have is recording the mic. This can be done using Audacity, I can tell you how if needs be. Reaper also works but I shall let someone more familiar with that to help.

Can you say something about this?

Where are you BTW?
Currently I live in Finland.

Thank you all very much. USB audio interface sounds very interesting and it's not that expensive.

Can you say something about this?

Currently I live in Finland.

Ninite Audacity Unattended Silent Installer and Updater

Download and install the above (ninite is always a safe source) When you have it on screen, have a play with it. It needs to be 'told' what you are recording and playing back with e.g. "Realtek Audio" or another name for the internal computer's sound card. Click on the speaker icon bottom right to get into Windows sound settings.

I am not sure where you are re getting an interface but if you are still looking try to get one that SAYS it runs ASIO drivers. You need to spend around 100Ees for something decent.

Dave.

Back