KRK Rokit speakers

johnnymegabyte

Anybody using the KRK Rokit 5 or 6 ?
A friend has the 5's, but I'm thinking of the 6's. He says you need a subwoofer to get good sound.
Are they a good buy for a hobby musician ?

I have the rokit 6's they are great I love then the are right on..but you do not need a sub for good sound that is a want not a need..but you should get the 6's like I said they are great

Thanks Jammer429.
I read some more reviews last night, and all say what's not to like about them.
The Subs was a personal preference

Question: How do you have them hooked up ? ... out of a mixer ? directly out of computer ?

is your room treated? if not, it won't matter if you buy behringers or genelecs. the speaker can give you as truthful a translation as its design, but if the room's a rotten liar, the monitor becomes moot.

that aside, the rp6 and rp8 are both very good choices. and yes, the sub is helpful but not mandatory. m-audio's bx series is also very good for the $$.

good luck! :)

Usually, companies try to sell you the KRK's because they're the best quality in their price range... but honestly, they're just overall great speakers, and at times are highly slept on when it comes to quality.

My first pair of KRK's was back in 2004-2005, when I went to GC to buy monitors for my small setup. I told him my budget at the time (around 200-400), and he showed me the KRK Rokit 5's. At first look, me and my brothers were skeptical about them due to the size, like "these monitors don't seem like they'll have power" and when he demostrated them to us, we laughed like "oh sh*t! Are you kidding me?!" The hi's were perfectly clear, while giving good attention to the mid's and plays back the low end without sounding muddy at all.... it was beautifull accurate on all parts, nevermidn being loud for such small speakers! Since then, i've had a good relationship with them. I'm on the verge of purchasing the KRK VXT 8's for my professional studio (upgrading slightly from my Rokit 8's), which are definitely worth the price.

The only complaint I had with KRK's is that with the smaller versions (the 5's and 6's), if you wish to have a lot of bass in your music, once you turn it up to a certain extent, the woofer starts to compress, a mechanism which basically saves your speaker from blowing out... but then again, if you have the smaller versions, they're for smaller rooms, so being that they're loud, you wouldn't need to blast them that high... cuz half way would do more than what you want them to do, volume wise. I guess that's why some people have complaints for them and suggest getting the sub woofer box.

These are sick compared to the crap that's out there, when talking about smaller monitors especially... have you ever heard the M-Audio monitors? (shaking head)

honestly these are more than ok for a hobbyist..at a professional level they aren't the "Best" you can get..but as someone said in the post..it means nothing if u got a shitty room..esp if ur tryin to mix

Back