Korg NanoKontrol Question

Kingofpain678

Returned from the dead
this guy: Korg nanoKONTROL MIDI Controller: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

Ok, so having a control surface is great and everything but having one without motorized faders brings a question to my mind...

Say you have a project going with 16 tracks and you're using the nanokontrol to mix.
Now faders one through eight control 8 different faders in your daw, scene one controls 1-8, scene two control 9-16, etc.

Now say your on scene one with all the faders in the middle... you raise the first fader (track 1) all the way up. Great. now you switch to scene two, first fader (track 9) and bring the fader all the way down. Now switch back to scene one, the daw fader is all the way up while the hardware fader is all the way down.

How do you get around this? this seems like a huge f*cking problem to me... Is there something I'm missing? Some simple work around?

No it does unfortunately not. Used the Nanokontrol about three times and then sold it - it was the most useless piece of gear I have ever bought I think. :D
Maybe Nanokontrol 2 has some improvements?

Used the Nanokontrol about three times and then sold it - it was the most useless piece of gear I have ever bought I think. :D

I wouldn't have expected much for a device that is now on sale for $30. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

I have this and unfortunately there is no way round it. The levels on change on the daw when you have that track selected and change the fader so if you have the fader at the top for track one and then switch to track 9 which has the level at the bottom on the daw the level won't jump to the top, it doesn't really affect me to be honest.

Back