Korg D3200 Question

MMcmillan

Does anyone have experience with the Korg D3200? In particular, I can't seem to figure out if it is possible to use multiple effects on the input of a single channel. If I want reverb and compression can I only do one on the recording track and one on the playback? Thanks to whoever may know!

I don't use the D3200. But..

In your Effect Routing Screen, after inserting the first effect on CH1, try InsEFF2 - also on CH1.

Thanks, tried that and for some reason it will won't allow me to select the channel that effect 1 is already on.

Thank you. The display on the Effect Routing Screen indicates the possibility of my previous suggestion. It doesn't make sense for it not to work that way. I wish I could offer more but I'm out of ammo - and looking forward to seeing the solution here at some point.

Here's more general info on the D3200. More info on the effects than the manual : Korg D3200

More : I did notice each effect, or effect group, is assigned a numerical size and a single insert will only allow a total up to a certain size value. So Reverb may be a 2, Compression a 2, but the effects group for guitar is an 8. If you've inserted to much in the way of numerical sizes as your first insert, you may not be allowed any more on that channel. However, you are allowed to customize User Presets to fit what you may need into that limited size amount.

That's about as much as I could gather.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. The sentence in there that say "having 8 effects for 32 channels" leads me to believe I may not be able to have multiple effects on a single channel. I'll play around some more when I get home and update you.

Back