Jumping to audiobook recording

Hi all,

I've hosted a podcast for the last 3 months, and part of my goal was to improve my recording and mixing techniques to then start taking on audiobook work. My most recent episode is the best I've been able to achieve; I'm wondering if you think I should start trying to audition or is there anything else I need to work on? The show is called Small Foreign Fact Check and is on apple podcast, stitcher, spotify, podchaser etc etc. Sorry, not trying to promote, I just figured directing you to the episode is easier than trying to embed it here or something.

here's the spotify link: 13 - Rose Cole & the Synanon Cult - Small Foreign Fact Check | Podcast on Spotify

Honest feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

I didn't listen to your audio. However, if you are interested in giving audiobook recording a try, Librivox.com is a place for volunteers to record books that are in the public domain, to be put on Archive.org. That would be a place that you can test your audiobook recording chops.
Dale

I've been listening to the podcast. and it's very clear. Your articulation seemed very clear. I think you have that part worked out.

I don't know what other requirement are made for working on audio books. Have you contacted anyone involved in doing this type of recording?

Dale's suggestion of Libravox is a good one. Its actually Libravox.org (not .com). Compared to some of the works on Libravox, your's sounds very good.

Back