JBL LSR305s vs Kali LP6s and Discrete Monitor Mixing

Shahzam6423

Hey y'all! I am currently putting together my first setup to record guitar and bass. I currently have the Scarlet Focusrite 2i2, and am currently looking for a first pair of monitors.

I was going to go with a pair JBL LSR305's as they seem like the best choice for entry level monitors, but I just saw the new Kali LP6's which are very similar and with 6 inch speakers. Any opinions/advice which way I should go?

Also I am looking to minimize my latency and found out with a mixer, and discrete monitor mixing, I could ensure all latency was gone, as well as having a nice interface to work with whilst mixing. I would also be using an amp modeler with this set up as well.

Is this a smart way to go as far as a first setup? I apologize for my lack of knowledge as I am still getting a grasp on what is necessary to ensure a good setup/how everything works. Any advice/help would be great.

You don't need a mixer - the Scarlett will provide direct monitoring for zero latency.
Not familiar with the Kali(?) speakers. One drawback with the JBLs (and most speakers in this general price range) is rear-firing bass ports. So you either need trapping on the wall behind them, or they need to be several feet out from the front wall.

The Kali is a bunch of former JBL employees. They were just released in Sept. US designed, made in China (isn't almost everything?)
Front firing ports. Bi amped. 6.5 driver.
So far they're getting quite the buzz. They are quite the hit.
299 a pair. I'm almost ready drop coin on them just based off of good recomendations. But, I'm a spkr junkie.
:D

Back