iZotope 5

krooner

Hi all,
I've just begun demoing iZotope 5 [not advanced], and wondered if anyone has any views on it, good, bad, or indifferent.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Kj

I've been using 5 for about a month - and it's a huge step up from 4. Their "Maximizer" is a memory hog, but it sounds great. They've improved everything, especially the eq and reverb module. Well worth the $99 upgrade price from Ozone 4.

I've been using 5 for about a month - and it's a huge step up from 4. Their "Maximizer" is a memory hog, but it sounds great. They've improved everything, especially the eq and reverb module. Well worth the $99 upgrade price from Ozone 4.

i take it your using the basic one Harvey?

my one concern was the EQ...ive heard it was 4 weakest link, not that i dont have decent EQ plugs i just dont own anything thats really surgical

What does one use izotope for? My friend has an Izotope suite. His record sounded like rubbish.

I understand it to be a mastering suite. Like plug and play mastering?

What does one use izotope for? My friend has an Izotope suite. His record sounded like rubbish.

i think the web is littered with kids who just use its presets...its mastering suite, I think its strength lay in its limiter but its got a load of tools, and is pretty easy to abuse/over do

I was thinking of it more as a channel tool...and maybe some home mastering, got to give it a bash someday..

I see. I always thought that mastering had to be done in a proper environment with highly tuned ears. Not really bedroom basement 'studio' stuff.

I see. I always thought that mastering had to be done in a proper environment with highly tuned ears. Not really bedroom basement 'studio' stuff.

for you guys... Id say definitely

for electronic stuff? i dunno Im hearing some pretty decent results from hobbyists elsewhere...still if i release anything it will be mastered by a pro, id just like to get close and understand the process a bit better

I used Ozone 3 to master my last CD at home. I think it came out okay. I used it as a plug-in on the master bus section of Wavelab Essential. I wouldn't use it as plug and play, though the presets can give you a starting point. The presets for mastering a cd include the use of the exciter and MBC which I turned off. Definitely overkill. The limiter and dithering algorithms are suppose to be very good.

I think mastering at home is a steep learning curve, but worth the effort. We don't usually have the luxury of the finest sound system in the best room, so there is a lot of running around to listen on many different systems to find the right balance. You also have to listen to a lot of reference material.

actually it did turn out well.....so electronic music and chilli can do it from home :D

Hi guys, thanks for the input.
I've only had the download for a few hours and I'm already loving it. Not only have I been happy with the results, it seems so user friendly. It's as if it's actually been designed by musicians for musicians. Makes a refreshing change.
I'm even impressed with the user manual, which Ive found to be very easy to follow--so far.

I think I've already decided.
Cheers, and thanks again :D !

KJ

I used Ozone 3 to master my last CD at home. I think it came out okay. I used it as a plug-in on the master bus section of Wavelab Essential. I wouldn't use it as plug and play, though the presets can give you a starting point. The presets for mastering a cd include the use of the exciter and MBC which I turned off. Definitely overkill. The limiter and dithering algorithms are suppose to be very good.

I think mastering at home is a steep learning curve, but worth the effort. We don't usually have the luxury of the finest sound system in the best room, so there is a lot of running around to listen on many different systems to find the right balance. You also have to listen to a lot of reference material.

Hi Chili, thanks for some good advice.
And with regards to the CD, sounds good to me. So on that basis I think I'll be getting an iZotpe for xmas.

Cheers.
Kj

Back