interface to studio monitor input/output types

I bought my wife those Bose speakers for music listening from her tablet. They are very good sounding speakers considering their size, they have decent volume and you could get a cable that would connect them to the 2i2, but I wouldn't recommend them as studio monitors to use for critical listening and mixing of music if that's what you're doing.
I ended up with a pair of these that I'm pretty happy with JBL 305P MkII 5-inch Powered Studio Monitors - Pair | Sweetwater , but may be out of your budget range. Someone here may have some suggestions that might be closer to the Bose price point.

I've had various "multimedia" type monitors on my computer in the dining room. They were so annoying that one day GC had the JBL 305s on sale for $95 each. I grabbed two, put them on the sides of the desk. SO much better, good enough that I've done some mixes on them, and then put them on the 308s in the basement to check on the bigger speakers.

I haven't heard the current V3 Bose, but the ones I heard years ago were very typical of computer speakers. They were OK for Youtube videos and games, not as great for playing real music except for having something in the background.

Back