Interface setup

Igor The Cat

Im looking to set up an Omega Studio with a Yamaha MG10/2 so i can mix with more options...but im not sure if its even possible Lol :D

My computer isnt great but i have adacute hard drive space but not a very good soundcard.. but all i want is to beable to record decent quality cheap...

is my setup possible? can you recommend anything better?

Also i would really appreciate it if the topic stayed of of moniters and mic etc... beacuse that not what i need help on.

Thanks

How many tracks are you wanting to simultaneously record?

Looks likes you can do whatever with the Yamaha (up to 10 channels) that you'll send to your Omega (2-4 channels). I don't really know what you mean when you say you want to mix with more options...???? Any clarification?

ill only need tor record 1 stereo channel and one mono channel,

and by more options i mean haveing access to more fine adjustments for the EQ

You don't need the mixer at all if that is what you are wanting to do. The Lexicon has all the inputs you need and Cubase LE as all the EQ you should need.

Okay Thank you!

That really helped a lot...
but with the mixer could i get more imputs??

also how do you consolidate a stereo pair of mics into one XLR plug? or do you even have to do that?

From description of item:

The Omega I/O mixer provides 8 inputs which are assignable in pairs to any of 4 simultaneous record channels featuring ultra-transparent, high-resolution analog to digital converters to capture your performance with pristine 24-bit quality. Two of the inputs feature extremely low-noise dbx® mic-preamps with 48 volt phantom power and TRS insert points. Four TRS active balanced line inputs accept up to +22dBu signals to allow interfacing to either unbalanced or professional high-output level balanced equipment

According to this, you can run your 2 XLR's in + 2 1/4 in at the same time. You could get more inputs with the mixer I suppose, if you need them.

okay but the omega only has 2 XLR jacks with phantom power and ill have a stereo pair of small diaphram condensers with one large diaphram condenser

Igor The Cat said:
also how do you consolidate a stereo pair of mics into one XLR plug? or do you even have to do that?
You don't. Each mic goes into a separate channel (input). From there, you need to make sure that you set the levels exactly the same on both channels, and pan one hard right and the other hard left.

Back