I'm just starting to get onto iTunes, Google Play, Spotify

Catapult

I have sort of gotten a large following on instagram by posting 10 second rapping/singing videos.
I have amassed 10k followers, (I'd like to keep my instagram id private, as I'm putting all my music onto iTunes and no one in my social life knows I make music/ have an instagram dedicated to it, I know! Im a pansy... I just don't want to show anyone until I've somewhat established myself.)
I have already figured out what to do in order to get my music on digital retailers and how to do it, and I've produced all the beats/instrumentals that I'm using on FL Studio.
I really need a mic and preamp though, this is the last step for me! Then I can put my music out there anonymously(for now)
I have a $500 limit... I make the same type of music as..hmmm... T. Mills would be the best to describe. I like to blend pop and rap an love songs all into one.
I have thought of the SM7B but honestly I am just basing this off of popularity.
Any opinions/suggestions welcomed!
*please no attacks on the whole anonymous thing, it was my decision and I'm standing by it lol*

What equipment are you using now? Any particular shortcomings that you find with your current equipment?

For the $500 you should get a bit of treatment for the room you're recording vocals in, a decent mic, a decent preamp/interface, pay for the recording software, send completed mixes to a professional Mastering Engineer specifying that you want the tracks mastered for Instagram/iTunes/Google Play,/Spotify streaming and you'll be sweet.

thanks everyone for the replies. I have a couple thick sheets/blankets/curtains jerry rigged in my room to keep the sound out. I literally just need a mic! Just not sure which one that would fit into my price range is best for me

No attacks on the anonymous thing, but I hope you have a backup plan.

Not trying to be a daddy of sort to the anonymous, but shit don't happen quick and easy without talent. Pure talent is usually shown without the need for expensive gear. Good gear can help immensely to improve the talent. But shit ain't gonna make brilliance.

Be you. Find what that is and be it. If it hits?, then you got it. If it don't, enjoy what you do. :)

Just sayin....

Back