Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: An Idea

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Well, I think it's a good idea, but in saying that i've not seen any of your other postings Looks like this isnt going to work out!

Thanks
    I think it's good idea in principle but the inevitable problem is going to be lack of willing 'mentors'. See, a lot of people just post here when they can take a 5 minutes out from whatever they're doing. Others of us mostly post from the office because we're trying to avoid doing our jobs. While I applaud anyone who is willing to participate, it's understandable that a lot of people just aren't going to go for it. Investing time into mentoring a complete stranger is not something an awful lot of people have the time for.

I would like to add that I think rami deserves a special commendation for his entirely contsructive and neccessary posts on the matter...

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by legionserial View Post
    I would like to add that I think rami deserves a special commendation for his entirely contsructive and neccessary posts on the matter...
    Thank you. I pride myself on being the only one that was realistic enough to point out, in an appropriately sarcastic way, how ridiculous and un-realistic this "idea" is. I apologize to anyone who now has to surgically clean the sand out of his vagina.

I would also like to thank legionserial for making it obvious that he totally agrees with me, based on his opinion on this ridiculous and un-realistic "idea".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMI View Post
    Thank you. I pride myself on being the only one that was realistic enough to point out, in an appropriately sarcastic way, how ridiculous and un-realistic this "idea" is. I apologize to anyone who now has to surgically clean the sand out of his vagina.

I would also like to thank legionserial for making it obvious that he totally agrees with me, based on his opinion on this ridiculous and un-realistic "idea".
    Effectively I do agree with you, yes. But this is the newbie section. It's not so much how the OP feels about it that concerns me. It's that that sort of sarcasm can alienate other newbies if they think those are the sorts of responses they are going to get to their questions. Bear in mind that a lot of newbies aren't really too confident about whether their questions are stupid or not. Personally I don't beleive there is any such thing as a stupid question if you are trying to learn something, but if they think there's a chance that their question is stupid, and that there's also a chance their going to get a bunch of sarcasm, then they won't ask. I know that when I was a newbie I was always a little nervous about asking questions for these reasons.

What I'm effectively saying is please could you take the sarcasm to the mic forum where we can all enjoy it?

New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMI View Post

Damn! And I was going to ask RAMI to pair up with me on this venture. :D
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by legionserial View Post
    Effectively I do agree with you, yes. But this is the newbie section. It's not so much how the OP feels about it that concerns me. It's that that sort of sarcasm can alienate other newbies if they think those are the sorts of responses they are going to get to their questions. Bear in mind that a lot of newbies aren't really too confident about whether their questions are stupid or not. Personally I don't beleive there is any such thing as a stupid question if you are trying to learn something, but if they think there's a chance that their question is stupid, and that there's also a chance their going to get a bunch of sarcasm, then they won't ask. I know that when I was a newbie I was always a little nervous about asking questions for these reasons.

What I'm effectively saying is please could you take the sarcasm to the mic forum where we can all enjoy it?
    I never visit the mic forum. It makes the Newbie forum look like a Mensa convention.

Also, the OP didn't ask a question, he had an "idea".....which was...um...how do I put this politely......How about....Stupid?

I wouldn't worry about his feelings. As witnessed by others that posted in this thread, he never comes back to the threads he starts anyway.

Thanks
    Also, the OP didn't ask a question, he had an "idea".....which was...um...how do I put this politely......How about....Stupid?
    I was willing to help him until he showed how ungrateful he is. Are you implying that I'm stupid?

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy76 View Post
    I was willing to help him until he showed how ungrateful he is. Are you implying that I'm stupid?
    Maybe. If you thought this was a good idea, then yes. You got a problem with that?

New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

Thanks
    Maybe. If you thought this was a good idea, then yes. You got a problem with that?
    Did I think it's the idea of the year? No. Is it a Newbie forum full of people trying to learn? Yes. Should knowledgeable members hanging around it be there to, I don't know, help? Absolutely! So Yes... I got a problem with your statement if you're implying I'm stupid for trying to help someone in way that may have worked for them.

Thread Information