i need help recording my Fender Twin Amp, direct to the audio interface

Bifkeki

hi

i'm new to this forum, and new to the whole home recording game.

i own a couple amps, one of which is a hughes and kettner tubemeister 36, awesome amp, with one advantage ....i can plug my audio interface direct into the back of the amp (the red box) and record my guitar, while having no noise coming out of my amp speaker.
i like this, because i get the natural sounds from the amp, and i dont annoy my house mate with a cranked amp ...all sounds go through my headphones.

now, i want to do this with my fender twin amp.
i currently record the fender with a mic, sounds good ....but it means i have the amp cranked and yes, annoys the house mate.
is there anything , like a DI box or interface, anything i can plug into the amp/audio interface which allows me to play in silence, yet get all the goodness from my fender twin amp ?

your help is appreciated.

george

I think your best solution would be to find a more chilled out housemate.

It sounds good 'because' it's cranked up with a mic on it... This is the best way to record electric guitars...

Considering that the cab/speakers do a lot for your tone....I would record with a mic, and make your housmate stand there and hold it. :D

Really....is he a wanker? Maybe he just doesn't like the fact that you're recording and making music and he's not.

Do it when he's not around...or make some deal with him that allows you to have a certain amount of recording time.
He can't possibly be there all the time....can he?

Get him these:

Silicone Earplugs $8 for two pairs. :p

61247_earplugs_00.png

Buy your roommate movie theater tickets when you want to record the amp. The best tone will come from miking it.

It's not a full solution but it might help....

Have you considered recording DI - Your guitar straight into the interface, with an amp sim to give you an idea of how it's going to sound?
That way you could get all the hard work done (the time consuming bit) and when the parts are perfect you could disable the sim and reamp through the fender when your roommate goes out?

I know a few guys around here do that so they can work later at night.
At least that means your Fender will be blasting for 10 minutes instead of an hour, or whatever.

Back