I need help building a booth.. *soundproof

brooklyn23

I usually record in my closet, its about 9 feet high, 5 feet wide and length its about 7 feet...i have a door with vents in it tho, its a sliding door, not a regular door.. so i suppose thats a problem with the outside enviornment escaping into the closet...

Instead of using the closet, is there a way i can build something to walk into that will be close to soundproof as possible?

Im working with a thousand dollar budget...

I would prefer NOT to spend all of it on foaming up the walls...(since thats what sam ash is telling me to do)

Rip out all of the interior drywall and fill the studs with OC703 or 8# rockwool.

Staple cloth over the studs to prevent fiber migration.

I'd start there and see how that works. Adding another layer of drywall to the *exterior* areas (probably in other rooms) would be somewhat of a help also.

Using drywall on the interior would help transmission, but would really screw up the sound in such a small space...

Shit, no way in hell my father would let me rip out anything ....old school

lol

is there anything i can build from scratch ? that i can walk into or something?

You could make some sort of hanging stud fixture (only a few holes) and do the same thing (filling with 703 or rockwool & stapling cloth to it).

It's going to invade a bit of space in there though...

What are you recording in there? Just vocals, or electric guitar & drums?

And are you trying to keep sound from coming in, or sound from going out?

Also, if you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll see similar threads. I would suggest having a look at those.

You wont be able to soundproof without building. You should look into acoustically treating the room so it sounds good and then recording when its quiet

Back