Huge Problem I Have With Microphone - If You Solve I Would do Anything!

Seems like the same as before but much more subtle. Did you look at the clock source?
Match sample rate and bitrate to that of your output device.

It might be worth creating an aggregate device containing the USB mic as input device and the built-in audio (or whatever) as the output device.

If the mic has it's own headphone output just ignore that aggregate bit.

The only setting it seems I can change from Audio Midi is the Format. I have tried matching those settings to everything, and that didn't work. I also tried the Aggregate device, which failed. Is there some way to edit them out. Like remove things that spike like that.

You might get lucky with noise removal tools, but really it'd be better to get to the source of this.
It shouldn't be happening.

What happens with your powered USB hub now? Try all available USB ports. Main ones, keyboard ones, powered hub etc.

Last edited:
Steenamaroo.jpg

Never-mind, the microphone works 100% now! Just had to plug it into different USB socket. Again, thank you so much for your help. I had to give you something. I am not too great with GFX, but this is the best gift I can come up with :)

Cheers!

I'm amazed that INCREASING the sample rate reduced clicks and pops. That seems totally bass-ackwards to my experience. So it's not an underpowered CPU or too little bandwidth in the audio path. Now I'm curious as to what caused such terrible interference...was it as simple as a sample rate mismatch between the USB ADC and what Audacity was set up for?

Nice troubleshooting, Steen.

Does this happen with other programs, like Garage Band or Logic? What is your interface or is the mic USB ready? Have you tried the Icicle USB preamp for around $45?

Does this happen with other programs, like Garage Band or Logic? What is your interface or is the mic USB ready? Have you tried the Icicle USB preamp for around $45?

Support is greatly appreciated!

You may be best reading all the posts before replying tho... :)

Welcome to the forum Tonus!

Here are some things you might check...Shut off any cell phones in the immediate area and see what happens...if there are any wireless routers in the immediate areas, temporarily shut them off & see what happens. Also, if there are any fluorescent lights nearby, shut them off. We, in our studio and live gigs have had some issues with these devices-particularly with cell phones causing subtle buzzing that comes in and out getting 'transmitted' to our mic cables. Best of luck.

I had the same frustration/excitement as the OP when I figured out how to finally record a sound with my things. Now realizing that it is probably the most easiest part when it comes to making good music! :D

Back