How to use TC Helicon C1 with interface/DAW ?

adrussell4

I'm a huge noob so sorry for lack of better words;

I recently made a little home studio. I have a M-Audio M-Track II with a Audio Technica AT2020. I was originally using a Tube MP Project Series preamp and everything sounds great when plugged in.

I bought a TC Helicon C1 on ebay and whenever I replace it with the MP Project, I get this buzzing noise? I tried a balanced XLR and even XLR->TRS and still getting this buzzing noise. I tried messing with the gain levels on the interface and C1 and if I can't hear the noise, I don't get any mic feedback in my headphones. Since I got it on ebay it didn't have a power chord so I used the plug from the MP Project, could that maybe affect this?

Also, I am able to hear myself through the microphone with the buzzing but the pedal effects aren't making any difference as well. How would I use the C1 pedal effects while I record with DAW?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Sorry, it's not clear what you are doing at all. Please give the full chain, like: guitar > guitar input on TC > TC guitar output > M track input 1 > DAW or whatever you are doing.

Sorry, it's not clear what you are doing at all. Please give the full chain, like: guitar > guitar input on TC > TC guitar output > M track input 1 > DAW or whatever you are doing.

AT2020 mic > Helicon C1 mic input

Helicon C1 output > M-Track line 1 input > usb into laptop/DAW

Your power supply has to match the specs of the original power supply
Yup...........
Tube MP Project Series- 9 volts AC wallwart

TC Helicon C1 - 12 volts DC wallwart (-)negative tip

Last edited:
Back