How to sing like an RnB guy

Sounds too Australian...especially 'wait'....you don't want Australian. You wanna hide that at all costs. Don't even tell people you're Australian. Don't tell people that you've just been hanging some dirty clothes on the line or shopping at Fossey's or Coles or buying lammingtons or meat and three veg.

The best advice I can give is to find your own voice, and sing like YOU. You can use a vocal teacher to improve your range, breath support, and vocal strength. Don't try to sound like someone else - that's a cop out. Take what strengths you have as a vocalist and use that to create your own sound. If you must learn to sing like your favorite R&B singer, then that's what you choose. You can learn by listening to what they do, but by all means, please don't copy every lick and sound, because you will just lose your own voice altogether. I didn't listen to the stuff you posted yet, but I will as soon as my work computer decides to cooperate. If you don't have any experience in singing, you will definitely want to find a voice teacher that will give you proper technique. That's the most important thing if you want to sing for a long time!

Good luck!

Jen

Just keep practicing, you're not far off. I sure wish I had an accent other than the boring ass "American accent" so... consider yourself lucky to some people I guess.

Anyways, I thing the "R&B voice" that you are looking for is just a well-rehearsed good singer voice.

Awesome tips, thank you for the posts.

I tried to do

Mario - Let me love you

About my 4th-5th attempt.. I post these early so improvements can be listened to when I come around to it later..

I also work to midnight.. so I can't use my voice to its maximum.. Have to kinda keep quite..

Been trying hard tho:)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g2jnjjoguaa

PS: I just got into my Uni so i'll be moving away and will be able to play and sing better:D

Back