How much can you speed up voice before it is obvious?

I don't have any analog synth type equipment, so there's no way for me to produce a sine wave directly into the interface. If you generate a wave from a synth and go directly into your interface and are not overloading it, you should get the same wave form in your DAW. Most modern interfaces have harmonic distortion rates in the range of .001%.

I just have no clue what you are asking nor what you are looking for man... Sorry, I guess I am of no help here.

I just have no clue what you are asking nor what you are looking for man... Sorry, I guess I am of no help here.

I have to agree.
I've kinda been following the thread when it started with the "speed test" question...but I've not been able to see what the real questions are, or the direction of the thread, to provide any kind of answers.

Speeding up vocals...test tones...smooth VS jagged sine waves...compression on guitars...how to use a DAW...??? :confused:

I think there needs to be more clear focus on one topic and explanation of what is the question about that topic and the goal.
Way too much scattered rambling...and I don't mean that in a negative way...just that it's hard to follow what this thread is really about.

Dude , I tried my best to communicate it. And explain what I did.

I'm obviously having PC recording problems, and only recording bits . A measure or so.

No sine waves in the analysis is a huge problem and shows a severe recording limitation.

I tried to show that my PA has a more full sound that makes more acceptable O scoped tracks. Complete with wave forms that look similar to played CD's.

Im out of ideas for this.

I'm obviously having PC recording problems, and only recording bits . A measure or so.

No sine waves in the analysis is a huge problem and shows a severe recording limitation.

I tried to show that my PA has a more full sound that makes more acceptable O scoped tracks. Complete with wave forms that look similar to played CD's.

Im out of ideas.

I cant make sense of any of that to present a real issue... Sorry. I wish I understood what your issue is.

Yup, me too.

If I started the thread trying to speed up a track, and found other issues , what of it? Im not going to start a new thread and link back the discovery. I keep going where ever it takes me.

The O Scope is a great tool. I am a tech. Is that where you have problems communicating this? Meters and O scopes? You know what a 'A' at 440 looks like? Visual sound. I have a real one, but the win10 media player showed in POST #22 the 'cold hot bitch' JET song's sine waves so it should be acceptable calibration. In the past I used the O scope to tune pianos.

Satriani wrote his leads watching the scope. He surfed those waves with the aliens. So I was told.

Last edited:
jimmys69;4528228I wish I understood what your issue is.[/QUOTE said:
If you look at the green lines...in the videos and pictures....there is no smooth curves of sine waves...only saw tooth.

None of you see that as a problem? There should be both. It is an analog instrument.

YouTube

Last edited:
Sorry, Laz, I'm not sure what I can do here, either. Don't know what a "Cold Bitch" wave is. I know exactly what a scope is, but have no clue what you are doing to cause everything to be distorted. I generated a sine wave purely in Reaper at a variety of tones. If you play that wave through your interface to the scope, do you get a sine wave? If not, you have something wrong somewhere.

I noticed when you did your last little video, you were getting variation in the waves when you talk. Are you reading a combination of various channels at the same time? You won't get a sine wave that way.

As for Satriani using a scope to craft his tones on Surfing, I've never heard that. Sounds like somebody's internet fantasy to me!

I noticed when you did your last little video, you were getting variation in the waves when you talk. Are you reading a combination of various channels at the same time? You won't get a sine wave that way.
yes, Im scoping the master track. That is a combination of the tracks.

Why are you thinking that? Look at the video O scope in post 48 above. The sine is right there thumping away.

Sign sign , everywhere a sign...but just not in my daw.

OK...maybe you did...but it's still not clear what the *real* problem is, and what you are looking to do, to fix...?

Mmmm...I'm not seeing "PC recording problems"...at least not from what you've posted. Also...when you post just a measure, it's relaly useless AFA trying to glean anything from it. Maybe show more in depth that actual "problem".

I gather you think that there are "no sine waves" is some kind of problem...? I mean...why are you even looking at/for "sine waves"...?
I mean...how/why did you get there...what was the real issue that made you start looking for sine waves...?
Sorry...it's just not making any sense..

You're comparing two different displays...and finding some kind of issue in that they are not identical....?
Why...? Again, what led you to that...why are needing to use a scope to compare sine waves...?
AFA how your PA sounds VS what?
I think you are mixing "apples & oranges" and then saying, "look, they are not the same".

Im out of ideas for this.

I think that makes all of us...mainly because it's really not clear what your trying to solve.

AFA actual user issues with the DAW (not even sure what DAW you are using)...I think maybe you should head to whatever forum supports your DAW (here or elsewhere), and before you dive into the audio side and start comparing things...first learn the basics of your DAW. Get comfortable with it...otherwise you just end up going around in circles, confusing yourself, and maybe because of that, the results you get don't make sense.

I use a full-tilt analog setup...big open reel multitrack, console, rack gear...AND I use a full-tilt DAW setup, with tons of plugins and all the frills.
They both sound equally good, with each setup offering something unique...and I don't find any issues with the audio quality from one to the other...
...so again, I think you may be having new user issues that are simply making your results complicated. So focus on that first...learning more about the DAW you are using...then you can get into more critical usage and comparisons and all that.

Everyone here is willing to help....but you gotta first help yourself by focusing on one thing at a time until you sort it out. Nothing wrong with bouncing around from one topic to another...but until you sort one out, don't bring another one into the conversation...then a third, and so on. It just makes things even more confusing for you and for the people trying to help. :)

yes, Im scoping the master track. That is a combination of the tracks.

Why are you thinking that? Look at the video O scope in post 48 above. The sine is right there thumping away.

Sign sign , everywhere a sign...but just not in my daw.

Run a sine wave into your DAW...then back out of your DAW...and look at that on the scope.
Your stuck on how the display in the DAW looks...but it's not the same type of display as what a scope gives you. DAW sound wave displays are just graphic approximations of the sound wave...it's not the actual wave.

This is absolutely correct. Why? I isolated the analogs in the UA ASIO's render. Increased the fader amplitude. There are the waves.

I am happy. I included the isolated mp3 to listen for yourself. Much more bass. I understand it based on what I see on the scope.

Perhaps I have hearing damage even. It helps me to see it.

YouTube

Attachments

• heartwuillgoisolated.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I use a full-tilt analog setup...big open reel multitrack, console, rack gear...AND I use a full-tilt DAW setup, with tons of plugins and all the frills.
They both sound equally good, with each setup offering something unique...and I don't find any issues with the audio quality from one to the other...
...so again, I think you may be having new user issues that are simply making your results complicated. So focus on that first...learning more about the DAW you are using...then you can get into more critical usage and comparisons and all that.
:)

Your setup is something to behold. Looks like you have been working on your studio for a while. I will be focusing on my new user issues.

You forumites did wonderful. When my posts seemed rapid, or bizarre you listened and tried to help. Thank you.

Last edited:

I've not been able to see what the real questions are, or the direction of the thread, to provide any kind of answers.

I cant make sense of any of that to present a real issue... Sorry. I wish I understood what your issue is.

Sorry, I'm not sure what I can do here, either.

but it's still not clear what the *real* problem is, and what you are looking to do, to fix...?
Sorry...it's just not making any sense..
I have to say, this thread has been a complete mystery ! On a par with "how did they build the pyramids ?"

Just had to find the waves, then I could adjust a better mix. My impromptu guitar vocal jam, became a test after I saw how it looked. 'Snap crackle pop' Rice Crispy was right. No bass hardly at all.

That last mix 'heartwillgoisolated' with the analog isolated instruments guitar and bass only, sounded to me with MORE bass than I ever got before. It did it without clipping too. Nice and full.

Not sure if the analogs would benefit from separation in to different buses, when I add the VST piano accompaniment. What are you thinking, buses?

Last edited:
O scopes? I was listening to Triumph. Lay it on the Line.

What is it you do not understand? The Pharaohs ascend the vent from the burrial chamber. The Pharaoh becomes a star. Then everything happens in reverse. So the real question is , who disassembles them? The beginning was the means to the end.

....uuuuuhhhhh OK? Do you perchance live in Denver, next to the dispensary? Methinks you scored some totally righteous buds!

Back