How has the technical side of music translated into a creative vision for you?

YoungCapone

I’m curious to hear what the relationship between the technical aspect of music (or art in general) and the actual creation of it has been for y'all? Did you learn the fundamentals of music theory, production etc. and build a foundation of skills/knowledge that could be applied to whatever you chose to create… or do you start with a creative vision and then acquire the knowledge/skills to execute that vision?

Why, are you writing a book? Pick up the instrument, and see what you can do with it. Then decide how to get from here to there.

You see Inception? Do not be an old man filled with regrets.

Annotation 2020-03-16 125014.jpg

Great movie reference.

YoungCapone seems to not really want to be a part of this community. He throws esoteric questions out there without any follow up. And by esoteric, I mean literally no one else but him...
You can safely ignore him.

The post was respectful, so I felt I'd answer.

Nolan was sayin, just let the 'love' of music take over.

Rihanna, gave us this one from Valerian, about love.

There is beggary in love but it can be reckoned.

I’m curious to hear what the relationship between the technical aspect of music (or art in general) and the actual creation of it has been for y'all? Did you learn the fundamentals of music theory, production etc. and build a foundation of skills/knowledge that could be applied to whatever you chose to create… or do you start with a creative vision and then acquire the knowledge/skills to execute that vision?
I'll answer the question in depth if you'll come back to tell us what you mean exactly by "the technical aspect."
That could mean a variety of things.

I'll come back in depth too if you will explain why you are asking this and other questions.

Is this an assignment of some sort you are collecting information for?

Back