How to get better at EQing

xiaoken

I don't have a regular job, or hundreds of raw recordings dumped towards me so....

How do you improve your EQing skills?

A trick....Don't pass it on........:)

Get a friend to play for you a sine wav from top to bottom of the keyboard. Play it every day and listen to the fundamental of each note and memorize the freq.

Then after you know that so well that you wish you could kill me for suggesting it......try to listen to a more complex sound and see if you can reconize the exact freq that is bothering you. The area....listen to the pitch and zero on to it.

Practice..practice...practice.....

That does sound like a good idea. I think I'm going to do that myself.

In Spin's link above, there's a 3 part article called "All Things Being EQual". It's the best article on EQ I've ever read. It'll take a bit to digest, but it's well worth it.

I forgot to mention that you should'nt get fustrated if you cant zero in exactly on the correct freq...it's the area you need. Then you do the boost (or cut) search system for the exact place.
Its also not going to take a week....practice..practice..etc...

Learn also all you can about using the "Q" factor.....

Only people with amazing ears and vast experience can get the exact spot while sipping a diet coke laying down on a beach chair.....or else they could be a freak of science (experiment that went bad.....)

Shailat said:
see if you can reconize the exact freq that is bothering you. The area....listen to the pitch and zero on to it.

can this work in eliminating the annoying frequencies that comes out of my wifes mouth:eek: :eek: :D :D :p :p

Back