How to fix "fuzzy" sound when streaming on twitch with keyboard?

chaoshead

Ok, so im having trouble with the sound quality for my streams... When i play with my keyboard, it makes this "fuzzing" sound when playing any music, as you can hear. Is it simply because of me not using an XLR-mic? Yes im using a c922 webcam to record the sound... but an xlr-mic would fix this and make the music sound more "clear", yes? I good example on how i want it to be is this:
YouTube

This is a sample from my twitch stream and how it sounds:
YouTube

How can i achieve Laras quality? Is the XLR-mic doing the trick? I have a Roland Quad-Capture interface. Ohh, and im using a mac...

any help/tips would be appreciated!

That to me sounds like good old overload distortion....so turn down.

If you could better describe your setup...what's connected to what...it would be easier to tell you where to turn down.

The first video is a pretty straightforward mic setup, with the keyboard and the mic being blended in the mixer, and the mixer output is what we hear.

Yours sounds like the entire thing is recorded on a distant mic in the room. It also sounds like everything is a bot compromised the horrible keyboard right hand, indistinct left hand, drop-outs and a rather crummy track.

As Miroslav said - what we're missing is basically everything - what are you using, how is it connected, how are you recording not and how are you managing the whole thing. The first video is deceptively simple, and isn't. If you watch her, she is very clearly comfy with the system - she can tweak, adjust and control the system, and has her keys set up I suspect with all sorts of layers - listen to what she plays and notice how far apart her hands are, suggesting she's set it up very carefully. We can certainly help with advice and guidance, but we need information to do it.

Capturing the sound of the keyboard through speakers with a Logitech C922 'mic' is not the best way to record the keyboard and micing the speaker sound with an XLR mic won't be much of an improvement. The keyboard should recorded direct (Line ins) into the interface or through a mixer if a mic is needed for speaking/singing (Quad Capture doesn't have enough inputs for keys and mic). If speaking/singing an XLR mic, probably a dynamic mic would be best.

The first video is a pretty straightforward mic setup, with the keyboard and the mic being blended in the mixer, and the mixer output is what we hear.

Yours sounds like the entire thing is recorded on a distant mic in the room. It also sounds like everything is a bot compromised the horrible keyboard right hand, indistinct left hand, drop-outs and a rather crummy track.

As Miroslav said - what we're missing is basically everything - what are you using, how is it connected, how are you recording not and how are you managing the whole thing. The first video is deceptively simple, and isn't. If you watch her, she is very clearly comfy with the system - she can tweak, adjust and control the system, and has her keys set up I suspect with all sorts of layers - listen to what she plays and notice how far apart her hands are, suggesting she's set it up very carefully. We can certainly help with advice and guidance, but we need information to do it.

A super late reply to this, but i was scrolling through my old threads, and somehow, i haven't seen this post...

When you say blended in the mixer, meaning that i must have a separate mixer in addition to an audio interface, yes? Then that sound is what the viewers will hear, correct?

It’s been a while but if you sounded overloaded, distorted and a bit wild. Her track was the keys bended with the mic. Yours didn’t need a mic at all as you didn’t sing?

While this thread is a few years old, some fundamental principles for improving audio quality remain relevant.
You mentioned using a c922 webcam to record sound and the idea of upgrading to an XLR-mic. While an XLR-mic can indeed improve audio quality, there may be other ways to address the issue:
Mic Placement: Ensure your microphone is positioned correctly to minimize keyboard noise.
Noise Isolation: Consider using noise isolation tools like pop filters or noise isolation shields to reduce background noise.
Also, if you're interested in boosting your Instagram presence, you can explore options like instagram likes for sale, which might be relevant for improving your social media engagement. Good luck with your streaming endeavors!

Last edited:
Back