How do you double vocal's?

Joe Recorder

How do you double vocal's? Could it be you sing an extra track along with 1st vocal? Or maybe copy 1st vocal and move the copy off alignment some? Anyway's I've seen it mentioned in some post's and got curious.
Thanks.........Joe Recorder:)

It is better to sing it twice, as close as you can to being perfect. The delay method works, but not as well.

Matty

Thanks matty_boy,
I thought that might be how, but I guess I'll be busy with my "undo" trying to sing it right.
Peace.......Joe Recorder :)

Joe Recorder said:
Thanks matty_boy,
I thought that might be how, but I guess I'll be busy with my "undo" trying to sing it right.

You use Vegas to track? If so, you can manually split the tracks and line the double to the original..... I don't really work with the other programs but I'm sure they can do it....

Thanks for the info gec,
No I don't have vegas. I'm just have cubasis at the moment. But, I think you can do the same thing's with the tracks.

Don't forget: it's not always necessary to completely thrash a track that has some errors and therefore is not exact enough. Some parts may be. Record the second track more than once and comp the resulting second track...

aXel

Thanks volltreffer for another idea to experiment with. You guy's have all been great with your help.
Keep Rockin........Joe Recorder :cool:

Back