How do I use my sound module racks with my keyboard?

the maestro

I want to know how do I use my sound modules with my keyboard? I'm sure theres a way for me to play the different sounds in my module on my keyboard. :mad:

Yo leader of the orchestra:

I also have a module and I hope the following words will help you get the sounds to play.

Your keyboard has to be the Master Control keyboard.

Here are some words quoted from my Emu module's manual:

You will/may need the following items:

a MIDI controller such as a MIDI keyboard, or other controller

a MIDI cable

A stereo audio amp system

The appropriate audio connections cables for your system.

MIDI IN: Connect the MIDI IN of the unit to the MIDI out of a MIDI controller, such as your keyboard, etc.

MIDI THRU: The MIDI THRU jack is used to connect additional MIDI devices into the MIDI chain. MIDI THRU transmits an exact copy of the messages received at the MIDI IN jack.

Midi OUT=Used only for MIDI overflow mode. The diagram I'm looking at shows a keyboard as a controller with the Midi Out cable going into the MIDI in cable input of your module; the MIDI THRU cable goes to the MIDI IN connection of your module; then you need to connect your audio outs to an amp.

Well, just start plugging things in and see what happens and I'm sure someone here will clarify my kind of suspended directions. Lots of talent on board this board.

Green Hornet :D

Do you wish to controll all of you modules at once or one at a time?

You could always get a MIDI router like the MOTU Express XT.

Carl

You can use your keyboard to control sound modules.

To do this you need to connect your keyboard to the modules.

The output from your keyboard comes from the MIDI "out" port.

The input to your modules goes into the MIDI "in" port.

Your keyboard needs to connect from the out to the module's in.

If you only want one keyboard to control one module this will set you up.

If you need a more complex configuration you will need to get a MIDI merger at the least and a MIDI router (sometimes called a patcher or patchbay) at the most.

Carl

Back