How do i make recordings sound good??

jtoreilly

Just started recording... wondering what settings/things I need to change to make the vocal recording so much less harsh. More professional. I attached a little sample of what my recordings are sounding like now. HELP MEE

Attachments

• quora smiling mp3.mp3
    679.9 KB · Views: 28
The first thing we need to know is what equipment you are using. Is this a cheap USB mic, a condenser mic with an interface. What software are you using?

The recording you posted is extremely noisy. That can be a consequence of using a bad microphone, using equipment incorrectly, bad level setting or a combination of these.

The more information you give us, the better we can guide you to improving your recordings.

Just started recording... wondering what settings/things I need to change to make the vocal recording so much less harsh. More professional. HELP MEE
At the risk of sounding as harsh as you think your vocal is, that's a rather broad question and Talisman is right. You need to furnish us with more info.
At the same time, even though this is a help forum, you need to do some basic reading up on recording so that you have some idea of where you're going.

By the way, it's a nice voice you've got there, even though it only lasts a few seconds. With some music to go with it, it might sound very different or it may highlight how rough the recording is.

Back