How do i get this type of vocal clarity?

I went to the page top discover a close miked female vocal with a bit of processing. Nothing remotely special and certainly it has no specialness in it's timbre or clarity. In essence, some autotuning and dynamics. Oddly, the video has no comments, seems to be collecting likes and was posted today, and the coincidence being this is your first post - so would perchance, you be posting about your own video?

Seriously - I hate the result. Processed, thin and breathy. Fair enough, it's not my choice of genre - but I have issues with the description of crystal clear audio when it's fiddled with and compressed. If you want crystal clear audio on a vocal, then go back in time to Karen Carpenter, Bette Midler, Celine Dion - they were crystal clear compared to this.

Sorry - but I don't think this is genuine. How do you get this kind of vocal clarity? Squash the hell out of it with dynamics processing is the wrong answer.

Since the video was released today, I wonder if this is a shill just to get views.

I agree, this is a bunch of standard plugins adjusted via a "preset" (word from the video). To the OP - you could probably find a preset (or 2 or 3) in the $49 iZotope bundle they're selling right now that would get you results like this, if that's what you want.

Record vocal, slap "magic" plugin on it, select random preset as you(oh i'm sorry, the guy in the vid:facepalm:) did, and ta-daaa the vocal will sound just as horribly processed. Easy peazy lemon squeezy.

Promotional post for an Addictive Drums preset. Nothing to see here folks.
Oh yeah.... I clicked on one of the YT links and a security warning popped up :facepalm:

Attachments

• lucky.jpg
    lucky.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 9
I opened the video, it was nothing about much of any technical thing. It was clear because of the high pitch and a good mike. Still you want a clear voice you can use good software

I opened the video, it was nothing about much of any technical thing. It was clear because of the high pitch and a good mike. Still you want a clear voice you can use good software

With the greatest respect Sir, that is completely and utterly wrong. People have spent years producing mics and designing recording spaces to capture excellent performances. The notion that high pitch (which is perhaps a lack of English) and software can make a 'clear voice' is an indication you have no idea about recording whatsoever. If you want quality of sound, then find a good voice, a good room and good equipment, but most importantly - good ears!

Back