how to do this effect?

rockironwebb

senior newbie caveman

swear words!!!!!!! in case you are easily offended!

Anyone have any advice on how to replicate this stutter effect. I have tried just looping real close and can get near what I am wanting, pain in the ass though. I was aiming to loop and then automate for tone change. I am using ableton live suite 8. Just curious if there may be an effect that makes it a little more intuitive.

There's probably a few ways to do it.
Find the part you want to use for the stutter...cut that track to just the audio that will make the stutter sound...then Copy/Paste as many pieces of that audio for as long as you want the stutter to be.

So you're just chaining a bunch of very short audio clips together. The length of the audio clip will dictate how short/long the stutter sound.

thanx

Thanx, I am still very new to the synth/midi/loop world. I figured I could do it manually, just wasn't sure if there was an effect that would control it too.

solved?

I found this plug in that seems to do what I want and is pretty easy to figure out
http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/

I am an idiot sometimes. It seems that I always try the simple search last. I was looking up just how to do stutter effect, or stutter effect in ableton, finnally dawned on me to search for stutter effect plug in.
Thanx for the help.

Back