Hi!

Numone

Hi one and all.
I’ve been back into analogue recording for a number of years and this seems like a nice and very interesting forum. Since my resurgence in 2013, I have collected a large amount of analogue gear; four TEAC R2R’s; JVC, Sony, TEAC and Nakamichi cassette decks and I’ve revived our Thorens TD150MkII, SME 3009 Improved and Shure V15III for my ‘00’s of records I kept when I moved to CD in ‘83, all being enjoyed through my parental home TEAC AS200S amp and a pair of KEF Reference 103/3 Speakers....yep, I’m thoroughly enjoying myself!
So I’m here to hear, to learn and participate too!
PS.. I’ve also recently bought a 1984 Remo Acoustico five piece shell kit and I’m planning on getting back to playing, just for fun, for the first time since 1977!

I remember the Thorens, if I am not mistaken, they started out a clock makers. Supposed to be one of the best turntables at the time (late 70's). I had a Dual 721, thing cost me like $600 in the PX in the 70's. But it still wasn't a Thorens. Nice cartridge, I can't remember what I had in my Dual, cost a couple of hundred dollars. The good stuff has never been cheap.

I listen to vinyl every once in a while, but it si a pain to clean, de-static, flip. Digital streaming is getting real close if not to the level of the CDs, and I render at CD quality. I don't find myself very nostalgic these days. And a mix-tape is a playlist away.

But you do have some good equipment. Good amps and speakers are good forever.

Welcome aboard!

Back