Hey Everyone!

Photobug57

New to HomeRecording.com. Have been involved with recording for some time but during our recent move, which has taken over a year, things have been packed away. Now that we are in our permanent dwelling, the packing has come off! I've started setting my studio up again in my allotted space, lol! I've been using Alesis ADAT's: an XT-20 and 3 LX-20 's for total 24 tracks with a Mackie 32-8 mixer. I just purchased an Alesis HD 24 which has arrived as of 7 October!
Of course I have the BRC which I intend to use with it. I might even try the tape units with the HD 24 too. Just wanted to say hi!

Wow! Old school! :)

I have had good and bad experiences with similar setup.

Best to you and welcome to the forum PTB57!

Cheers!

during our recent move, which has taken over a year, things have been packed away

Did the move take over a year or did you mean that the gear was packed away for over a year ?
Or both ? :eek:

I've been using Alesis ADAT's: an XT-20 and 3 LX-20 's for total 24 tracks with a Mackie 32-8 mixer. I just purchased an Alesis HD 24 which has arrived as of 7 October! Of course I have the BRC which I intend to use with it. I might even try the tape units with the HD 24 too

While I loved my 8 track portastudio for the years that I used it, part of me {that is, the me now, rather than the me then} would have liked to have had something like the HD24 when I started recording my songs. I'd probably still be using it....like you, I'm still old school. Mind you, I remember when standalone hard disk recorders were seen as the cutting edge !

For presidents and prime ministers London and Washington are but a phone call away. For the rest of us however.......

Back