help with web cam audio for youtube ?

durlew04

hi there

ive been thinking about making youtube videos, i have a mac for the video but i want to use my mic which is plugged into my audio interface.....
how do i get the video and audio the same ?

also when i record with photo booth it only comes through one off my monitors (left )

thanks guys lewis :)

You record video as you normally would, record audio to a DAW (recording software), then used video editing software to synch the two. If you are trying to do this live (as in a live webcast), you will need software (or an outboard mixer) that will cmbine the video and audio signals.
You are only getting one channel of audio because you have your settings for stereo sound and are recording on 1 side only.

thanks for your reply whats a DAW ? im using photo booth for my video and garage band as my audio.can i use imovie to synch audio and video together ?

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation, in other words, recording software. Garageband is your DAW. I'm not familiar with imovie - does it let you mute the audio recorded with the camera and add an audio track recorded separately?

Back