[HELP] setting up a recording

For roughly around 99.95 and150 US Dollars respectfully you can get a 2 channel Presonus interface that has preamps with built in Phantom power...and the cool part is they both come with a version of PRESONUS STUDIO ONE software..."PreSonus AudioBox USB 96" @ 99.95 at sweetwater.com and the PreSonus AudioBox iTwo @ 149.95 ...both have phantom power and both come with "Presonus Studio One Artist" software that can always later be upgraded to the professional edition... this way you can have 2 incoming music sources ( i.e. the backing track of the music and her vocal mic input ) ... both versions have 2 in and 2 out ( stereo moniter speakers and also a headphone jack... they hook up using USB cables to the computer and are supported on both PC/MAC ... in my opinion this would be your best route to go and the guys at sweetwater can help with tech support as well as presonus tech support... PreSonus AudioBox iTwo | Sweetwater
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 | Sweetwater
ask for Dan VanAmerrongen...he is my personal sales rep.:guitar: good luck!!!

I didn’t get the impression that it was cathode biased from the manual. It stated that bias is automatically set by the amp. I even changed the 12BH7 to a NOS USA made tube. No problems. In addition the manual stated the automatic bias adjustment is performed by the amp itself and will enhance to the life of the output tube. Don’t know, but don’t care because it was so cheap I figured if it broke I’d buy another. But Roland came out with Katana which I’m really looking into. I have no shortage of valve amps here but the Boss amp looks pretty cool and appears to be a rugged good sounding solid state amp. I play guitar but gig as a keyboard player. I used to work as a tech for Sony Pro Audio so I can align analog and digital tape machines and fix consoles. I know very little about the finer points of valve circuits.

Back