Help setting up home record studio? Sonar x1 wont record - im getting frustrated lol

lewisgmorris

Help setting up home recording studio?
I have an-

M-audio audiophile 2496 - sound card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card w/ I/O - sound card

Yamaha MG102c - mixer

Sonar X1 -DAW

A stack of leads - Tangled

And im just having trouble getting it to record in Sonar, How is the best way to link it all up... Ive got my mic into the mixer and the sound levels move. And currently r and l jacks on the stereo out on my mixer to the rca on my xfi i/o card... its not going well..

I want it to go from the mixer into my pc and sonar .. while being able to play through my speakers via my 5.1 speakers on the xfi card... With the lowest latency possible...

Could any one help on the best way to wire this whole thing up... And best driver to use i want to use asio if possible

im totally stumped , can i use my audiophile card for aiso input and output to the xfi's 5.1?

thanks

the way you're describing should work. what exactly "is not going well" ?
Are the RCA ins that you're using line level inputs?
If so, just select that in sonar and it should work as you want it to.

If you try to use one device for input and another for output, i don't think it's going to work since sonar wants to use one device for IO.

OS x lets the user set up an aggregate device to do this, but windows doesn't do it natively.

Back