Help !! My Tascam DP 32 has no sound

Roy_Henderson

My recorder has been put up for a few years, i hooked it back up, hit play button, the meters go up and down, but no sound. ive tried different headphones, but still nothing, any suggestions...thanks,

Your DP32 is slightly different than my 2488NEO, but try pressing the 'MONITOR SELECT' button to put it to the stereo mix if it's not already there. Monitor knob has to be up to hear anything from the headphones or monitor out jacks.
There's a block diagram in the back of the manual that you might be able to see how the signal gets routed through.

Your DP32 is slightly different than my 2488NEO, but try pressing the 'MONITOR SELECT' button to put it to the stereo mix if it's not already there. Monitor knob has to be up to hear anything from the headphones or monitor out jacks.
There's a block diagram in the back of the manual that you might be able to see how the signal gets routed through.

Thanks for the reply....i tried setting the monitor select button , but still no sound...you can hear it make a sound when you turn it on, but after that nothing....they want me to send it back to tascam for repair.

Have you tried connecting 'powered' monitors/speakers to either the Monitor out (same as headphone circuit), Stereo out, or Effects sends? If you get sound from one of those maybe something is just switched so the headphones don't work.
Not likely the problem, but maybe try a different SD card.

From the block diagram, the LR meter on the right side of the display is just before the Monitor level knob. If the LR meter is bouncing up and down and the Level knob is turned up, audio should go to the headphone jack or Monitor outs.

If you put it away in a working state I would hope it would work after storing it a while. Would hate to see you pay Tascam to tell you nothing is wrong.

OMG!!! ALL sound had stopped. Meters were fine. Routes were confirmed all cables connected, panic atrack was trying to begin.
Went to sweetwater.com site idiotproof instructions on a firmware update. BOOM all is right again. Minus panicking qhole process took 5 mins.

Back