**HELP** Glitching Sound On My Track Only When Played Through A phone

BIGBABYSWELL

So i recently finished mixing two tracks in logic pro x and i bounced them out to a .wav 24bit and then uploaded them to Landr to be mastered. i know, i know, "not the best way to master" but anyways. Once everything was mastered i sent the finished files to my phone and my friends phone. After giving it a listen we both noticed that at the start of the song it glitches and makes a weird sound but when we scrub back to figure out what the glitchy sound was its gone... it only happens when we open the files for the first time on the phones. i went back to the computer and played it through my laptop speakers and..NOTHING! the glitch only happens when played/streamed through phone. im very confused. this is a first for me if anyone could please help me or point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it!

:confused:

What format is the file you sent to the phones? Upload it somewhere so others can take a look/listen to it. Re-send the file and see if it does it again (how are you 'sending' the file' to the phone?

That is one of the many problems you can have when you get something mastered by an automated program and not a human.
The master is having problems, but who knows what those problems are without hearing it

That is one of the many problems you can have when you get something mastered by an automated program and not a human.
The master is having problems, but who knows what those problems are without hearing it

if the problem only happens with the phones i would blame the phones not the master company

"mastering for phones"...it's like some kind of bizarre oxymoron.

It should be "de-mastering for phones"... :D

"mastering for phones"...it's like some kind of bizarre oxymoron.

It should be "de-mastering for phones"... :D

actually that is what real mastering is not the nonsense most people call mastering these days

you really do masters for vinyl cd dvd tv radio am fm theatre wax cylinder streaming utoob yada yada and even telephones
and not to make them louder

you really do masters for vinyl cd dvd tv radio am fm theatre wax
Very true! I master differently if the final medium is vinyl, PC and phones, or if its a commercial on TV or if its going to be on the radio. Each have their own LUFS range and specs needed for optimal playback..

Very true! I master differently if the final medium is vinyl, PC and phones, or if its a commercial on TV or if its going to be on the radio. Each have their own LUFS range and specs needed for optimal playback..

True

And they have different limitations. Vinyl has to trade off time length and loudness. it also needs preemphasis added that the playback pre will remove to avoid other mechanical problems with vinyl. CD needs to have various markers and codes added that vinyl does not need.

I have not done TV commercials but could imagine how there may be other codes to make it work easier with the automated systems used for TV delivery as they splice in commercials locally during certain spots and others allow the network commercials to come through.

Back