Hello total newbie here

Paul Tulk

Hi I'm a 51yr old guitarist, all this is like a new world to me. I feel like a caveman discovering fire. I lost my wife last year & so I've decided to start writing & recording my own music, I'm using a scarlette 2i2 which I've succesfully linked to my toshiba laptop. I've got it working with my guitars & my bass, but I've not got a clue how to get it to channel my Technics SX-K100 keyboard (not a midi as far as I know) into reaper 64bit. Any advice would be very much appreciated, please type slowly as I'm old lol.

An RCA-1/4" cable should do it. I'd start with the level switch set to high and the volume at about 75%. Otherwise, whatever you did for guitar and bass should work for the keyboard.

Hi Paul,
Welcome to HR. :)

The 2i2 accepts line level input via 1/4 so, as bsg says, the pictured cable should be what you need.
Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 19.40.44.jpg

Just set the 2i2 front input switches to 'line' and tell a Reaper track to listen on inputs 1+2.

I typed fast, but feel free to read it at a leisurely pace. ;)

The pictures I saw suggest it's a mono keyboard, which would mean you can use a single cable and a mono track from input 1 on the interface.

Hey brother, sorry to hear about your wife. Rest in peace! Thankfully, you picked up one of best hobbies known to man. An absolute PHENOMENON. You're in good hands with recording music. Good luck!

Back