Which headphones for voiceover, youtube/music-listening and movies?

chaoshead

Ok. One last time.

I have been going through a dozen of headphones lately for my purposes, as mentioned in the title, but now I am stuck between these choices:
- AT M40X
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm
- Sennheiser HD280

According to several reviews, youtubers and various studio people, most seem to recommend the DT770 for the overall use.

I will NOT be taking my headphones WITH me anywhere. They'll stay in the home studio, so portable headphones = not required.

My budget is around the price of DT700 Pros, so about $150 (i live in scandinavia, so that's why it's at $150)

Is it possible to change earpads on the M40X, or? And which earpads are recommended for the M40X? Can I get the same type of earpads as on the DT770 Pro?

So far, the M40X seems to be my 1st choice, because they seem to be very affordable and seems to be very neutral as well suitable for my purposes. Perhaps if I go for the M40X now and then wait for something like Black Friday and then go for the DT770 Pro will work better...

Any suggestions and thoughts on this?

Not remotely the best sounding in a flattering way, but something I've trusted for a long time. DT100's. With the velvet pads. I can make decision with these.

My DT770s are my favorite listening headphones, especially for extended use.

Not ideal for mixing, but good isolation for recording, so I'd guess voiceover, too.

I really don't like my HD 280s for listening, though I think they're decent, and I know a lot of folks do like them. I prefer my old Sony MDR-V6s (similar to 7506) with velour pads for general listening, but they don't work for hours and hours on end for my ears.

Back