Have I lost my work? File Error/No Song

tomfarmer

Hi. I'm new to digital. I was working on a song on my DP-24 that had many edits and built-up, bounced tracks, when everything froze. I couldn't even turn the deck off, so I unplugged it to turn it off. When I turned everything back on, the track I was working on was still listed by title, but said No Song when I tried to play it. I tried loading it, but File Error kept coming up.

I loaded the memory card into my laptop and all 651 files were still there, each with their own little piece of the song, but the the DP-24 won't recognize it. Is there anything that I can do at this point? I would hate to lose all that work. And have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

Tom

Wow......651 files in the song huh? Sounds like your SD card maxed out while you were working on the DP24. When that happens it often freezes. Were any of the files dated for the day it failed or are the files that are left older ones from your last save? There may be a way to copy your card data to another larger card.....which could.....maybe....allow the DP24 to load the song.

Back