Has anyone used Lexicon Omega

Yeah, its what I'm using now. The only downside is that its not USB 2.0, so it apparently can't handle recording 4 simultaneous inputs very well. I never use more than 2, though, and haven't had any problems with it. As long as you have the manual, everything should be pretty easy for you.

Irvin72 said:
I'm thinking of buying a Lexicon Omega interface. Is it used friendly for newbies? Thanks

Thanks-Are you using the cubase software with it? I need something that's pretty user friendly. I'm told it is. What do you think?

Actually, what came packaged with mine was a cheap version of Cakewalk Home Studio, which I was already using - I've moved up the ladder to Sonar, but am still a Cakewalk user. I have no explanation for the brand mix-up - all advertising I've seen implies that cheap Cubase should have come along. I've used lite versions of Cubase before, and I think they're user-friendly enough either way. Don't focus too much on finding something that's easy to use - Fruity Loops is really easy to use, but it limits you. Steinberg (Cubase) or Cakewalk intro products will be easy enough to learn, and you'll have room to grow.

Back