guitar multi effects pedal

ollie99

hey guys
I am looking to buy a multi effects pedal. I don't really have much knowledge about them so I need your help.
I don't really need to have a whole mass of possible effects, but just ones like reverb, eq, octave, flanger, compression, noise gate, phaser, tremolo, delay and you know.
I have found quite a few options which look good but they all seem to be half effects and half tones and amps and stuff which I do not want and I am worried that if I buy one then to use the effects on there then I will also have to use a tone with it but I do not want that as I already have a lovely guitar tone. Is there usually a way to bypass all that tone crap or are there effects pedals that don't include them?
Thanks

What's your budget? Line 6 HD500 is the top of the line, but of course it includes amp modeling too (most multi-effect pedals do these days). Line 6 M5 stomp box modeler, Fender Mustang Floor, Zoom (many models to choose from), Boss ME70.

most of the amp sims on multi effects pedals are switchable. So you dont have to use them if you dont want.
It depends on your set up for a start.
Have you conisdered using analogue effects stomp boxs rather than digital multi effects?
Many gigging musicians prefer them and they dont have to be that expensive. Perhaps befriend a diy stomp box guy.
Just saying. I have both and while I like multi effects for practicing with a solid state set up i prefer analogue stomp boxs with a tube amp.
everyones differant i guess. Some folks like the line 6 stuff and use the output directly to a front of house pa. so they dont have to cart around a precious tube amp to gigs and can get a close enough sound for live work.

hmm, thanks for the responses. I'm really not sure what to do.
If I go down the analogue route which I already have a couple of pedals, one thing which I have always wanted is an octave pedal which can give me really cool high pitched solo effects. I found the digitech whammy pedal but £150 just seems a bit too expensive for one pedal. Are there any others which do a similar job, are less expensive and also have an 'expression' pedal like on wah pedals?

the digitech whammy is in a class of its own. its way more than just an octaver.
sure theres lots of octave pedals that will do some of what you will get with the whammy.
Search you tube for octave pedals and im certain you will come up with something like you need.

what about the mooer super bender? that seems like it has pretty much the same capabilities but £10 cheaper?

The TC Nova systems could be what you are after. It does have an analogue drive circuit in it but the rest of it is made up of TC effects which are great. You can go direct in to the unit and make use of the drive circuit or you can set it to use in the effects loop of the amp and ignore the drive circuit. No amp or cab sims to muddy the waters.

Back