Ground-zero newbie again - Line 6 TonePort Ux2, getting started?

SaxonDad

Hi again, friends. Holiday greetings to all.

So, a couple of weeks after introducing myself, I am back. When I bought my Ibanez SZR520 four years ago (it was used and several years old even then), the seller included a Line 6 TonePort Ux2 audio interface. I don't think he ever touched the thing. All I really was interested in at the time was the guitar and the case, so I stashed this thing away and forgot about it.

Somewhere along the line, as I kindled an interest in doing some soundtrack recording, I came to the GENIUS realization that - duh - I already had an audio interface. I pulled the thing out of the garage (yes, the garage), opened it up and downloaded drivers. It's plugged in as we speak and my level lights are happily glowing away.

What I do not have is a manual, and it appears that the Line 6 website doesn't have it online anymore. (The product has been replaced with the Pod Studio Ux2.) All I have is the unit and a USB cable. I also do not have any other software - amp model, DAW, effects...zip. (Well, I have a mic. And a couple of guitars. I also have Audacity on this machine, but I suspect I'll want to use something else...)

So - forgive - what the heck do I do now? Down an amp and find a decent DAW that supports this interface? I have a midi controller for some keys/pad, I'd like to do some basic sequencer /chordal tracks with some overdubbed guitar, and sync it up to photo slideshows.

I do see some recommended books in the newbie FAQ's - should just get one, read it and stop bothering you guys ??? Being an old guy, I do understand the value of, y'know, reading...:)

Many thanks !!

Your first step is a DAW (recording software). NO matter which one you decide on, there will be a learning curve with it, so find one (most offer free trials so you can check them out) you like and go for it.

Back