A good pair of near-field monitors

nicolaad30

I've been looking for them, (at a good price, I can spend 200$ on monitors), and I found the "ALESIS ONE MK11" with many features (as they explain) and also the "Samson Resolv 65 Reference Monitors" .

I liked the "Roland - RSM-90 Studio Monitors" (At 130$ Pair).

The point is, which of these should I go for?. If you know a good and unexpensive pair of monitors, tell me right away...

Thanks...

http://www.gear1music.com/yorkvilleysm1.html

BBear suggested these or the powered version of these. they are a little high for your price range.

BTW, I've heard nothing but bad news about those rolands and the Alesis' aren't being championed by anyone either. If you already have an amp, look at the link. If not, consider saving up for the powered Yorkvilles.

If you're extremely sticky on the budget, I would A/B the Alesis with the Behringer Truths, which have gotten shown some respect in certain parts of the web.

stone

Vox and the pro recording community are both right. Those NS10s will expose all that is bad in your mix, and that is what you want monitors for. The alesis monitors make great bookshelf speakers for listening to HipHop, A better suggestion than the yorkvilles to because the yorkvills are infamous for blowing tweeters, and samson is just an inferior product, KRK is a good product.

Back