Getting setup and about collab

epichord

Hi all, I posted an intro a ways back.
Since then my setup has been torn down and shipped through three countries as I tackled work assignments.

I've finally settled in the US and have plugged everything back in.

I'm a (beginner) guitarist and have some pedals, a multi effects processor running into a Komplete Audio 6 along side an ancient Alesys photon x25 on the midi.

This runs into a (capablr) laptop (ROG gaming machine) running Ableton Live Intro.
I've got everything talking and started prepping simple chord progressions for my guitar practice.
My teacher will give me a progression and I lay down a synth backing to play against it with a click.

Other than learning here how to do the necessary things with my tools that I'm not familiar with I wonder if there is a place where like minded enthusiasts can enlist each others expertise with trading live sets?

Say I sent someone my live file with the progression hacked into it as best I can, perhaps there are folk who could actually "make it good" as a kind of friendly collab?

I'm not looking to enlist some gig economy dude in other worda. But maybe as beginners improve their skills in their own areas collaborating like this is good!

Longer term I'm wanting to make ambient and moody guitar and synth landscapes, some of which I've already butchered botched and otherwise embarrassed myself making Lol.

Obviously, I know I'm not the first to think of this so can anyone point me to where I could start looking?

Kompoz.com is a site that seems to still be alive for these kinds of things. Folks start with a scratch track, or sometimes just lyrics and others add on.

Back