A free software for handling free drum kits (vst plugin preferably)

darkagent71

Sorry I have no idea where to start with drum kit plugins but metronomes and stuff are not cutting it for helping me keep tempo when I play guitar and I need something that sounds less digital (not saying it cant sound like its fake because I know this is software and it is not going to sound real but I don't want like techno synths and whatnot) and rather have it sound acoustic. Any suggestions of where to start?

PS Ive searched these forums and the web but nothing good so far (and by good i mean there is nothing that is not just like electric synths)

Addictive Drums can sound a bit more real IMO. I have both EZD and AD, as well as Steven Slate Trigger. Have heard good things about BFD, but have not yet used it.

I agree, but I'm a lazy fuck and EZD seems the easiest to use.

LOL! Yep, EZD reigns supreme for ease of use by lazy fu*ks like us. It is the first one I open for click track to play live drums to. I however, won't use it if I am actually using a VSTi for final drums.

Oh, and if you do get EZD dark, turn that friggen room mic down in the mixer. It is hideous!

Do EZD and AD have free, unlimited by time evaluation samples? OP is looking for "free"

I know with AD you get a kick, snare and hi hat to play with whilst you decide to buy or not. Limiting, but might do for replacing a metronome with something more real.... Not sure what EZD has...

Do EZD and AD have free, unlimited by time evaluation samples? OP is looking for "free"

I know with AD you get a kick, snare and hi hat to play with whilst you decide to buy or not. Limiting, but might do for replacing a metronome with something more real.... Not sure what EZD has...

I cant get AD to work. Does it not work with reaper

I cant get AD to work. Does it not work with reaper

Yes, it works with Reaper, that's what I use it with. You probably just need to tell Reaper where to find the VSTi samples if you're on a PC. I installed it on my bandmates Mac the other day and it found them automatically..

I can't remember how to do that as I'm not at my recording PC, but you should be going, from inside Reaper - Insert / Virtual Instument (or something like that..) if Addicitive Drums doesn't come up in the ensuing list, Reaper doesn't know where they are. There's an FAQ on how to do this on the XLN Audio site.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm at least 8 hours away from being at my recording PC, being at work and all..

Good luck..:)

Under 'Options', choose 'Preferences', then VSTs from the left menu, then you get the 'add a path' section up at the top.

Yes, it works with Reaper, that's what I use it with. You probably just need to tell Reaper where to find the VSTi samples if you're on a PC. I installed it on my bandmates Mac the other day and it found them automatically..

I can't remember how to do that as I'm not at my recording PC, but you should be going, from inside Reaper - Insert / Virtual Instument (or something like that..) if Addicitive Drums doesn't come up in the ensuing list, Reaper doesn't know where they are. There's an FAQ on how to do this on the XLN Audio site.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm at least 8 hours away from being at my recording PC, being at work and all..

Good luck..:)

I had to find a fix for it. Actually had to install the plugin in xp mode. Thanks guys

Back